CALL US: 1-800-915-9209


How long does it take to get started?

Getting started can take between 24-48 hours. Once you complete your enrollment, we set up your accounts in TravelJoy and WordPress. Once you’re set up, we will send you a confirmation email with your username and log-in instructions. Once you log in to the Travel Agent Back Office, you’ll be asked to fill out your New Agent forms so we can get you set up for commission payments and register you with suppliers. Then you can begin the New Agent courses and learn how to book travel!

Online enrollments on holidays and weekends are typically processed by the end of the next business day.

How and where do I get customers?

While we do not give customers or “leads” to new agents, we teach you (as part of the marketing resources we offer agents) how to find and connect with potential clients. In our Learning Management Courses, we go in-depth on how to find and build a clientele on a small-business budget. Most new agents begin by selling to their friends and family and build out from there to neighbors, coworkers, clubs and organizations, and other community members.

How do I make money as a travel agent?

When you make travel bookings for yourself or your clients, our travel suppliers will pay a commission on the travel sale amount. The exact commission percentage can vary between 3% and 20%, with the average being around 14%. Whatever commission we receive, we pay you 70% of that amount.

When do you pay commissions?

K&L Travel Agents payout commissions on the 15th of each month. Once we receive the commission from the supplier (which is after the client has traveled), we find the booking you have submitted via the commission tracking form and direct deposit the funds into your account. Our travel agents can continuously check the status of their commissions by contacting us using the contact form or emailing

What are FAM trips and are they available to me?

As a travel agent with K&L Travel Agent, you will have access to information that is not necessarily available to the public. If you are flexible in your dates and destinations, you can travel at very affordable rates. These types of savings are generally associated with FAM trips and are made available to agents for the purpose of learning and networking. To receive some discounts and take part in certain FAMs, you need to have either a CLIA or IATAN identification card. Both cards are available to K&L Travel Agents who qualify.

While discounted travel is one of the many perks of being a travel agent, KHM Travel Group does not permit individuals to participate in our program solely for the purpose of obtaining discounts on personal travel.

How do I get an IATA card?

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) card is a true identifying marker of a producing travel agent. To be eligible to receive an IATA identification card, you must meet certain criteria. You must be paid a minimum of $5,000 in earned commissions within a 12-month period to be added to K&L Travel Agent’s IATA list. Once this is met, you can complete the application in your Portal and submit to K&L Travel Agents for approval. You then must maintain earning a minimum of $5,000 in earned commissions each year to re-qualify for the travel agent ID.

How do I get an CLIA card?

The Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) is the industry identifier for agencies booking cruise lines. To qualify for a CLIA membership and the EMBARC ID, you must have completed CLIA’s State of the Industry Course on the CLIA site under the “My Training” tab and “Online Learning Courses,” You also must have completed K&L Travel Agent’s New Agent Courses in the Learning Management System and be in good standing with K&L Travel Agent (Your membership with K&L Travel Agent/Kinlock’s Tax has not been in decline for the past 6 months.)

How do I get prices and make reservations?

Once you are on board with us, our team will help you get registered with our top suppliers. There is no additional cost to get registered; however, we have procedures to follow. This registration will give you access to the suppliers’ travel agent-only websites where you can research itineraries, prices, and promotions. Many of these suppliers allow you to book your clients’ travel directly through their websites. In addition, you will have access to many third-party booking engines like VAX VacationAccess. We encourage you to establish relationships with these travel suppliers and expand your education through their online and live educational programs.

What kind of support does K&L Travel Agents offer to help you succeed in your business?

We realize that most individuals joining our company have little, and sometimes, no experience in the travel industry. For that reason, all of our systems, processes, procedures, education, and support have been designed with that in mind. We begin by familiarizing you with our internal systems. The New Agent courses, which are web-based, allowing you to learn the essentials of booking travel and running a business at your own pace. Our dedicated team is standing by to assist you with questions.

Close Bitnami banner